Digital natives - net generation

Digital natives - net generation

by Mária Hartyányi -
Number of replies: 3
What about your students? Could you discover the same networking and learning attitudes among your students described in the international studies? Do you think they are belonged to the generation called digital natives? What do you think you are a member of the digital immigrants?
In reply to Mária Hartyányi

Childrens and computers

by Mária Hartyányi -
Matthias wrote in his blogs that the Waldorf pedagogy did not support to use computers by children at too early age.

The same was articulated in my favour book: "The Cult of Information" by " Theodore Roszak (1986). (Do you know it?) Roszak protested against the conception of Piaget and Seymour Papert, who stated that working with Logo develops the creativity of children. Yes - he said - the children can easily draw flowers by using Logo, and it makes them happy, but how can it be compared to the flower drawn by hand using coloured pencils. How the artifical flower created by the computer can be compared to the beautiful drawings by childrens?

What do you think? Could we develop students' creativity by computers, or not? 25 years are away since Roszak's book was published! What can we say about it today?

Maria
In reply to Mária Hartyányi

Re: Childrens and computers

by Pierfranco Ravotto -
Hi Maria
I hope that in a kindergarten and in a primary school, theachers will go on making their students to draw flowers with pencils ... and, of course, making them graw real flowers in the garden smile.
And I hope they will use also the computers.