Please introduce yourself...

Please introduce yourself...

by Mária Hartyányi -
Number of replies: 23
My name is Maria Hartyanyi and my role here to facilitate your collaboration as the instructor for the TC01 module. I has been working several (and more) years long in the education, and my main field is the information technology (programming languages, databases) but among them one of the most important to discover the pedagogical potential of the new ICT technology in the education. May I ask you, to introduce yourself for us :) ?
In reply to Mária Hartyányi

Re: Please introduce yourself...

by Ed Mahood -

Hi,

I'm Ed, and I'm here to learn all I can about the Moodle platform and online course developed for the TeNeGEN project.

I have participated in a number of online courses before, and I'm always interested in learning new things.

-Ed-

by Ken Currie -
Ken Currie here. From CAPDM, in Edinburgh (Scotland), and traveling with my wife Youling who did not allow me to bring my golf clubs.

CAPDM are an XML-oriented company with a new interest in Moodle and how to make effective use of it.

by Selin Yaliniz -

I am Selin from Turkey. Even if I have been working in education field, I have just acquanted with the ICT with the help of our project 'TENEGEN'. I think, TENEGEN has began to reach its aims. Hope to learn much more till the end of the project. 

by ayhan gokdeniz -

Hi ,  

It  is  Ayhan Gokdeniz from  Ayvalık Vocational Education high school.  I am the  High school director. I  hope you are enjoying  in Istanbul

by Davide Taibi -
I'm Davide Taibi from the Institute for Educational Technologies of the Italian National Resource Council. I'm a researcher in the field of the application of innovative technologies in e-learning, management of learning resources, educational processes and ontologies, with particular focus on mobile learning  and collaborative environment.

by Pierfranco Ravotto -
Hi Maria
my name is Pierfranco. I'm a teacher using ICTs with students to enhance learning.

I like photos. Please find here some photos I have taken in Palermo, where we had our last meeting.

In reply to Pierfranco Ravotto

by giovanni fulantelli -

Pierfranco,

I can't find your photos

In reply to giovanni fulantelli

by Pierfranco Ravotto -
I tried to copy in my message the embed code comeing fron YouTube, but I am not allowed to do it. Thus I have changed the message inserting just a link.

by giovanni fulantelli -

Hi,

I'm Giovanni Fulantelli, from the Italian National Research Council, researching on elearning methodologies; I'm here to transfer some of the results of the former EU funded project Sloop.

I enjoy Istanbul, as well as Budapest! Great towns I didn't know before!

I can't play golf, but love to drive my motorbike!

by Mária Hartyányi -
Hi Giovanni! As the instructor of the first Tenegen module, I invite you to take part in the discussion planned to carry out by the German teachers! Nice to meet you here, I am sure we will benefit from your experiences in e-learning methods and tools!

by Annamalia Tancredi -
smileHello everybody,
sorry if I'm late.
I'm a language teacher in a Secondary school from the south of Italy.
Last year I've been involved in a very interesting training for teachers called "Muvenation" about teaching and learning with MUVE's.
I'm very interested in using the technologies and web 2.0 tools with students and in the use of Moodle. (I've only tested some of the tools of Sloodle but I'd like to test them with students too).
I had never heard about this project (TENEGEN) before but it appears to be very interesting for me
Best regards
Annamalia

In reply to Annamalia Tancredi

by Pierfranco Ravotto -
HI Annamalia

nice to find an Italian teacher here.
I think you can find here many interesting themes.
Tenegen is a Transfer of Innovation project based on the results of a previous SLOOP project. We are developing another TOI project based on SLOOP in Italy: Sloop2desc.
A first version of a e-learning course "Progettare e sviluppare risorse didattiche e corsi in rete basati sullo standard EUCIP" is arriving at the end just in these days. A new version of such a course will be delivered from next November.
If you are interested you can enrolle at http://w3.pa.itd.cnr.it/index.php/it/component/jforms/1/16.html.

All the best

Pierfranco
In reply to Pierfranco Ravotto

by Annamalia Tancredi -
Hello Pierfranco,
thank you very much for this post. I've just enrolled to the course that you suggested. I hope to have enough time to follow it too but I will try if I am still in time....
best regards
Annamalia

by giovanni fulantelli -
Hi Annamalia,

I'm Giovanni Fulantelli, from the Italian National Reserach Council in Palermo. CNR is partner in Tenegen, we were partners in the former Sloop, and we are coordinators for Sloop2desc.

Which part of South Italy?

Giovanni

by Annamalia Tancredi -
Hello Giovanni,
nice to meet you and all these expert people!
The part of Italy where I live and work is Puglia, the town is Apricena near Foggia
best regards
Annamalia

by Mária Hartyányi -
Hi Annamalia,

you are not too late - this is an experiment here - we are not in a hurry :)! Please go around, read the instructions for the first week (this week is the first for you!), and start your blog inside the Moodle or with Blogger as you like! Or - may be you have a blog already, have you?
Maria

by Loreta Tamošaitienė -
I am Loreta Tamosaitiene from Lithuania. I am working for 8 years in Klaipeda business and service school as vocational teacher for cook students and project coordinator for LdV partnerships and mobile projects. I think that my IT skills are only basic, so I want to learn more:)
In reply to Loreta Tamošaitienė

by Mária Hartyányi -
Hi Loreta, nice to meet you here, be welcome :)! What can we offer for you? I think you joined only to the small pilot about concept maps, or? I am sure your student are connected online so much as the students in our country. How to catch them by the same technology they love so much? The web 2.0 tools, like blogs, social networks, concept maps, online storrytelling, video sharing portal (like YouTube), etc. offer the chance to reach them, but we have to discover how? To join to the networked world teachers do not need so many ICT competences, only to find the way for collaboration online with other teachers - to be connected like the children :)! Try to make an experiement - as only as very small part of this course - with Concept Maps!

Ps: I am LdV coordinator and evaluator too - it is not an easy job, do you agree?

by Elisiana Franconi -

Hi Everybody!

My name is Elisiana (short name Eli). I teach English in a Foreign Language High School in the outskirts of Florence, Italy. I am really interested in learning how to handle the most common ICT tools as I want to be up-to-date and show my students that even non digital natives (like me ...big grin) are able to catch up with the newest tools!!! So I am eager and ready to learn and to practice here. Sometimes I feel a bit frustrated, though and I wonder whether I will be able to cope with it. What's more, I feel there is this sort of mania among students and teachers (just few teachers) about technology which puzzles me a bit: are we going to totally rely on these methods? To be technological or not to be technological, that is the question... or better how much technological should we be? smile

In reply to Elisiana Franconi

by Mária Hartyányi -
Hi Elisiana, you posted very stimulating thoughts! I understand your doubts exactly - the new technology is usually very agressive and makes people be dependent more than it would be useful especially for students. That is while so important - I think - for the teachers - for us- to follow the phenomenon of digital world! We should try to find the ways how the students can be initiated to use the networking not only for enjoy, but also to learn!

To answer your other questions concerning technology, I can tell you, that you are not alone! In the Hungarian course many teachers took part from social sciences being not familiar with ICT at all. The advantages of web 2.0 is just the possibility to collaborate online without being very trained in technology. One of the aims of this course just to get to closer to this world, which seemed to be really frustrating at the first look. However we have to be aware: information technology is in a heavy development, and it gives real innovations - but it has not been able to help the human beeings at the expectable level yet. These tools are marvellous really, and represents the creatitivity of humans, but we have to know, that at the background they are stupid machines :)!
Maria

Ps: Sorry to write so much :(, this lengths does not suit on a forum!